This is a leadership position in a ＄1bn software business that plans to double in size by 2021.
Products develops and delivers a next－generation portfolio of enterprise－grade software－based offerings with flexible consumption models, spanning traditional on－premises software, Software－as－a－Service （SaaS）, and bundled managed services. We bring speed, insights and innovations （big and small） to create value for our customers in Automation, Collaboration, Data, DevOps, and Mainframes.
The role will hold accountable for 4 key teams of our business in the country/region. The Country Head will provide the overall strategic direction, leadership and management across the country/region. Accountable for the revenue results and effective running of the business – including the people, process and supporting technologies to deliver a world class operation.
This is a key role that will be aligned to the ambitious vision of Products and Portfolio business.
1. Customer Success Team
Responsible for on boarding new customers, including working with contracts teams and selling primarily product renewals but also some new license and growth. Maintaining communications with customers and offering additional value and services, making sure that they are successful with the products they are using. They will also be responsible for the client advocacy teams.
2. Account Management Team
This is a face to face in country team, accountable for growing existing customer new license, subscription ＆ support and services revenue across the Products software portfolio. This is a customer－facing role with the expectation of taking a solution and consultative approach to identifying, progressing and closing both software and services opportunities. Account managers will also work closely across the other Products services, development, support and customer advocacy teams in other territories as well as the broader Technologies teams.
3. Professional Services Team
Accountable for customer requirements analysis, solution designing, detailed presentations, POT demonstrations, demand generation, POCs, identifying new services opportunities, as well as leading the consulting practice and service sales team – as per the sales aspect, the role will have both pre－sales and post－sales responsibilities.
4. New Business Team
This is a face to face “hunting” in country team, accountable for growing new logo/customer new license, subscription ＆ support and services revenue across the Products software portfolio. This is a customer－facing role with the expectation of taking a solution and consultative approach to identifying, progressing and closing both software and services opportunities.
Software Revenue Target – for new license and maintenance
• Will vary by country － ＄m
• Hold P＆L responsibility for the region
• Lead, run and manage the sales, services and client advocacy teams
• Lead, run and manage the Customer Success Team of between 5 ＆ 40 people
• Lead, run and manage the Account Management Team of between 5 ＆ 20 people
• Identify new sales opportunities across the region for sales and services
• Manage and grow the pipeline of opportunities across the software business
• Work collaboratively across the Development and Support teams to optimize business results, generate new business practices, repeatable methodologies and identify areas of product improvement
• Responsible for all GTM activities.
• Full Portfolio
• 15＋ years’ experience with a demonstrated track record of running world class sales teams and operations – across a software business
• Services, Sales and Consulting background as well as Software Sales Management experience
• 4－year university degree （min）
• Held positions of authority with P＆L responsibility
• Strong leader of people
• Delivery focused
• Have a strong network of customer contacts and relationships across the region
• Held leadership positions in a corporate organization
• A background and experience of enterprise / middleware ＆ complex infrastructure software tools
• Customer－centric mindset with ability to understand current internal business environment and develop innovative solutions
• Ability to work with and lead teams cross－functionally and develop relationships as foundations for influence; cross－functional business operations knowledge is critical
• Ability to understand and think through critical business requirements, and develop and implement new processes and ways of working. Execution and follow－through is key
• Strategic and innovative thinker; ability to make business decisions and define strategies to support client requirements
• Strong business acumen and project/program management skills
• Ability to operate independently and thrive in an unstructured environment, adapt quickly to change and maintain focus on objectives
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Energetic and professional; role will require regular internal and customer－facing communication and interaction.
50％＋ travel required primarily across the region