|部署・役職名||スイスブランド腕時計 Logistics Manager / ロジスティクス部 部長|
Duties / Responsibilities / Competences
- Completion and follow up on Group best practices
- Continuous improvements on related flows and processes for the global warehouse operation
- Maximize order consolidation for shipments
- Continuous improvements on operational lead-time
- Continuous improvements on E-commerce operation as well as qualitative added valueservices upon local brands demands and strategies, as upon end consumer satisfaction
- Maintains and contributes to elaborate S&OPs in regards to all local logistics & supply chain matters
- Responsible for Import & Export as local transportation
- Inventory management
- Quality control management
- Return operational management
- Replenishment management in cooperation with local brands
- Measures on daily, weekly and monthly basis the efficiency and productivity in the operation through Group corporate KPIs
- Prepares and monitors all related logistics KPIs
- Prepares the annual global Masterplan and Milestones.
- Communicate with Logistics HQ frequently.
- Monitors all logistics costs including local transportation
- Responsible for logistics supplies as local transportation negotiations according to expected targets set by local and HQ logistics management
- Trains and educate members.
- Regular reporting to the country manager on the over all of the logistics operation, targets set, as well as projects follow up.
The Logistics Manager reports in a double reporting line
- to the country manager for all administrative, disciplinary, personal, controlling etc. coordination issues.
- to the Logistics HQ in Switzerland for global KPI report,
Masterplan & Milestones, corporate guidelines, logistics projects and targets
Positions reporting directly to the Logistics Manager:
- Warehouse Manager (Warehousing, Local transportation, Inventory control)
- Forwarding Manager (Import and Export)
- Business analyst
It is understood that all operations and sub contractors issues are coordinated with the Country Manager and the Logistics HQ. Both need to be informed well in advance of all suggestions regarding changes operations and conditions in his/her country.
Coordination / Information
- The Logistics Manager is coordinating his/her activities with the other
Departments, such as Brand Managers and Service Center Manager in the country organization, in order to gain synergy and efficiency wherever possible.
- She/He informs their colleagues, the Country Manager as well as the logistics HQ of all and every extraordinary events and major changes of the subcontractor‘s situation.
- At least 10 years‘experience in supply chain and/or operation functions with 5+
years management or lead experience preferred.
- Good at analytical skills.
- At least 10 years’ experience in re-engineering / and or capabilities to self
assessment within a distribution center
- Experience in e-commerce operation.
- Excellent organization and people skills
- Project management abilities
- Strong leadership and communication capabilities
- Experience in working with multiple regions.
- Knowledgeable in SAP (R3) as Microsoft environment.
- Good English skills (TOEIC above 700)