We are the leading global broadcaster of sports over the internet, with a large, loyal and growing customer base. We are on a mission to change sports forever, by putting the consumer first - providing more sport, no long contract and great value. In doing so we want to become an indispensable part of a sports fan’s life. We have an exciting and high-profile opportunity to play a critical role in the continued expansion in Japan.
The new role of COO Japan will have the responsibility for leading and scaling the marketing and commercial strategy including all the day-to-day operations for the business growth in Japan, and presenting recommendations back to senior management.
Ultimately you will look to actively improve the effectiveness of management by overseeing all operational activity, from identifying opportunities to improve broadcast operations and ensuring the highest level of customer service is always maintained.
As our new Chief Operating Officer Japan, key responsibilities will include:
• Lead all revenue generating business functions and effective sharing and penetration of strategies and visions throughout the company
• Assist the marketing and commercial/business development leadership team in delivering and overseeing the long-term business growth in Japan
• Develop, in collaboration with the senior management team, an annual operating budget to support all operations in Japan.
• Ensure that the day-to-day operations of us deliver against and towards the achievement of established goals and KPIs established in collaboration with the senior management team.
• Develop and promote a working environment both physical and cultural that fosters individually talent and creativity whilst promoting the core brand values of us.
• Alongside the senior HR management team ensure the development of health and safety practices, and working practices ensuring compliance with all local market laws and regulation.
• Assess and manage the principal risks of our business within operations
Location: Tokyo, Japan
【必須（MUST）】• 5-10 years Senior Management experience in a fast-paced global environment
• Setting and driving organizational vision, commercial and operational strategy
• Proven leadership abilities, supported by demonstrated track record of management in a growth business
• Sports fan with in-depth knowledge of local and international sports
• A leader who inspires others, and truly believes in teamwork and driven to succeed without being overly ruthless
• Evidence of continuous learning that gives you broad insight and understanding of the business, enabling you to focus on the things that matter and contribute to business success
• Fluent in English and Japanese
【歓迎（WANT）】• Experience of working in an online subscription, media, tech, sport business, digital, mobile, entertainment, lifestyle, or brave FMCG brand
• A finance background