|部署・役職名||Legal , Director Senior Counsel （Investments）|
Legal Dept, Director Senior Counsel responsible mainly for Investments,
場所: Tokyo, JP
Legal Department of one of Japan’s leading life insurers seeks an experienced, bilingual independent contributor lawyer to provide legal advice on a wide variety of securities and real estate investments.
This position will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer in Tokyo but will work closely with investments lawyers in New Jersey.
• Review, research and advise on the legal, regulatory and governance matters associated with the company’s investment activities for business units with or without assistance of outside counsel.
• Draft, review and negotiate legal documentation in English and Japanese including commercial real estate mortgage debt investments （including real estate loans and participations）, commercial real estate equity investments, alternative investments, derivatives and other hedging agreements, and other debts and equity investments.
• Serving as a liaison between the company and the Investments Section of the Law Department of the parent company.
• Lead or participate in global, regional, or local projects or other assignments requested by Chief Legal Officer including preparation for and dealing with audits, preparation for implementation of new laws and regulations, and other general transactional matters.
• Draft and/or review internal policy, rules and procedures as instructed by Chief Legal Officer.
• Conduct ad hoc education seminars to employees on legal and regulatory issues relating to their business unit.
• Managing outside counsel.
• Over 10 years of experience as lawyer at a law firm or a global company
• Over 5 years of experience providing legal advice on investments transactions
• Adequate knowledge as an attorney about finance－related laws and regulations including FIEA, insurance business law, and other corporate related laws.
• Excellent judgment and a demonstrated commitment to ethical principles
• Understanding of both Japanese and U.S. corporate culture and practices
• High level interpersonal communication skills as inhouse lawyer
• Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework applicable to Japanese life insurance companies
• Business acumen and a strong understanding of portfolio management priorities
• Experience with a wide variety of complex investment transactions and structures, including commercial real estate transactions
• Lawyer admitted in Japan
• Bilingual with native Japanese and fluent English language skills （both written and oral）
• Mindset not to settle for the current level and aim for further improvement
• Curious and eager to learn
• Highly collaborative and committed to delivering results as a team