|部署・役職名||【日本発のグローバル製薬企業】Senior Manager, Legal Strategic Transactions|
【Purpose of Position】
The Legal Rx＋ / Transactional Senior Manager is responsible for providing all aspects of legal support and service for all “Rx＋ Transactions” as well as other “Other Deals” （as defined below） across the entirety of the Company’s global enterprise. “Rx＋ Transactions” includes Rx＋ deal work, licensing, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, co－development, co－marketing, and co－promotions, as well as other complex transactions that are critical to the Company meeting its objectives in the Corporate Strategic Plan （“CSP”）.
This position is accountable for supporting the achievement of the Company’s Corporate Strategic Plan （“CSP”） objectives, proactively identifying and mitigating risks to the Company’s ability to achieve its objectives under the CSP, and for balancing Rx＋ opportunities for the Company’s business with associated legal and compliance risks in a complex and fast－evolving regulatory environment. This position is responsible for: （1） supporting the Legal Rx＋/Transactional Team in providing practical, timely, high－quality legal services for the organization on a global, Divisional, local, and affiliate levels for all Rx＋ Transactional matters; （2） providing legal support for other departments’ complex transactions and deals that are critical to the growth of the Company and the Company meeting its objectives as may be requested by the Legal Rx＋ / Transactional Lead, the Legal Head of Commercial, Regulatory, M＆D, and Rx＋/Transactional or the General Counsel, including deals in support of Business Development, research－related affiliates or PPS （“Other Deals”）; （3） providing legal guidance to the business and the Rx＋/Transactional Legal Team related to Rx＋ Transactions and Other Deals across the globe; and （4） implementing preventative measures to avoid disputes and facilitate effective partnerships within the organization.
【Essential Job Responsibilities】
The Legal Rx＋ / Transactional Senior Manager will have the following responsibilities, working independently or closely with the Legal Rx＋ / Transactional Associate Director :
• Providing timely, proactive, strategic, best－in－class legal advice and support to Rx＋ BA and Rx＋ Affiliates, taking into account the global objectives of the organization and the unique and varying global, local and regional legal and regulatory requirements in a risk－balanced manner in order to effectively minimize and mitigate risk. In this regard, the Legal Rx＋ / Transactional Senior Manager will also align, coordinate and work closely with the members of the Rx＋ / Transactional Team and other members of Legal Commercial, Regulatory. Medical, Development ＆ Rx＋ / Transactional （the “CRMDRT Team”）, as well as other members of the Legal, Ethics ＆ Compliance, and IP Innovation and New Technologies （“IP－INV”） teams.
• Providing legal support for a broad range of Rx＋ Transactions within the Company’s, including collaborations, licensing, consulting, and other services agreements, as well as alliance management and Other Deals. This may include support to business people （i） in contract negotiation with potential business partners in and/or outside Japan as well as （ii） in internal approval processes including SWIFT processes and Executive Committee and Board of Directors meeting.
• Providing updates to management and business clients on changes in legal developments affecting the pharmaceutical industry, especially in the research field, and the innovative new technologies under the CSP and coordinating with other leaders in the Legal function, as may be appropriate.
• Identifying, participating in, and contributing to contract enhancement initiatives （e.g., RECAP） for Rx＋ businesses including by suggesting, preparing, and reviewing new templates of contracts, check lists, guidance, etc.
• Retaining, supervising, and directing outside counsel effectively, and efficiently managing legal expenses consistent with a global budget for Commercial, Regulatory, Medical, Development, and Rx＋ / Transactional, coordinating closely with the Legal Rx＋ / Transactional Lead, the Legal Head of CRMDRT and Legal ＆ IP Operations.
• Working collaboratively with a broad range of people and functions throughout the organization to develop and maintain strong working relationships across all functional areas to facilitate a partnering－based approach.
• Supporting the Legal Rx＋/Transactional Team to develop legal training specific to issues and matters supported by the Rx＋/Transactional Legal Team; identify training needs within client groups and assist in the development and presentation of training for such issues.
• Providing support and instructions to junior members of Legal appropriately and effectively, in case working with such a member, to enhance the ability of Rx＋/Transactional and other teams of Legal.
• Supporting a legal culture of excellence in his/her team, which includes driving and fostering: （1） an agile, adaptive culture; （2） a value－based organization based on Legal’s Mission and objectives; （3） a culture of innovation, transparency and trust; （4） proactive identification/mitigation of risk in a balanced approach; （5） empowerment and engagement of the team members; （6） a collaborative culture with close coordination with other members of Legal as appropriate to leverage synergies and efficiencies; （7） a culture of compliance and good corporate governance; and （8） a continuous expectation of high performance, where “ok” is not good enough.
• Leading other projects as may be requested by the Legal Rx＋ / Transactional Lead or Legal Head of CRMDRT.
• Overnight travel, including international travel, as needed.
【応募書類 / Application Documents】
Both Japanese and English Resumes are needed
【勤務地 / Location】
東京都中央区 日本橋事業所 本社
【勤務開始日 / Start Date】
Will be decided according to the candidate's flexibility
【契約期間 / Contract Duration】
Not limited to specified period
【試用期間 / Probation Period】
No probation period in principle
【給与 / Salary】
①Base salary: will be decided by the candidate's experience, skill and capability.
②When Discretionary Work System is applied: Discretionary work allowance will be paid.（50,000～100,000yen, based on the Grade）
③When Flextime System is applied: Overtime allowance will be paid for time worked in excess of prescribed working hours.
【昇給 / Salary Raise】
Once a year
【賞与 / Bonus】
Twice a year （July, December）
【諸手当 / Allowance】
Discretionary work allowance, Housing allowance, Commutation allowance, etc.
【勤務時間 / Working Hours】
8:45～17:45（月～木）、8:45～16:00（金）、 企画業務型 裁量労働制
Flex－time system or Discretionary Work System
【休日 / Holidays】
Weekends（Sat and Sun）, holidays, May 1st, summer vacation, New Year holidays
【休暇 / Vacation Leave】
Annual paid leave, childcare leave system, nursing care leave system, etc.
【福利厚生 / Welfare】
Employment Insurance, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance, Welfare Pension Insurance, Health Insurance, Mutual Aid Association System, Company Housing System, Employee Shareholder Association System, Property Accumulation Savings System
”We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
【必須（MUST）】• Bachelor of Laws （LL.B.）, Juris Doctor （JD）, Master of Laws （LL.M.） or equivalent.
• At least 10 years’ experience working in a legal department of company or a law firm.
• Understanding of the legal issues of contracts in general, including civil laws, commercial laws, antitrust laws, subcontract laws, and data privacy laws.
• Ability to grasp legal issues quickly, exhibit strong analytical problem solving and decision－making skills, exercise sound judgment, and provide practical and constructive legal advice.
• Leadership skills, including the ability to effectively lead and manage a team project.
• Fluent communication skills （oral and written） both in Japanese and English to communicate with business people, outside counsel, etc.
• Ability to communicate legal issues to business people with a variety of backgrounds in a clear and understandable manner.
• Inspires trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Team player and able to build relationships both internally and externally.
• Strong organization and teamwork skills. Detail－oriented, self－motivated, and able to motivate others.
• A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism and demonstrated passion for excellence.
• Flexibility and spirit of challenge to work on new matters.
【歓迎（WANT）】• 3－5 years’ experience working in a law firm or pharmaceutical, medical device, digital health, game, IT or electronics legal department. Or, multiple years of experience in intensively working on transactions of digital health, “Artificial Intelligence”, “Internet of Things” or the like as a legal adviser irrespective of the industry of current or past employer（s）.
• Understanding of the legal issues relating to digital contents, digital health or medical device businesses or affecting the pharmaceutical industry. This may include understanding of patent, trademark or copyright licensing, joint research and development, regulatory processes for digital health, medical devices, over－the－counter drugs or prescription drugs, anti－kickback, fraud and abuse, and anti－bribery and anti－corruption.
• Bar membership in a jurisdiction such as Japan, or within the United States.
|アピールポイント||自社サービス・製品あり 日系グローバル企業 女性管理職実績あり 上場企業 従業員数1000人以上 シェアトップクラス 創立30年以上 年間休日120日以上 産休・育休取得実績あり 教育・研修制度充実 完全土日休み|