Original CV in English and Statement of Interest, screening questions are required to apply the position.
Please prepare in advance and apply. Regarding screening question, we will send a form after application.
In addition to its investment work, we provides advisory services to a number of its clients to support them in meeting specific development goals. Its advisory support to the financial sector is implemented via its Financial Institutions Group and is organized around the following main themes:
• Innovation/Base of Pyramid: including Microfinance, Mobile Financial Services, Housing Finance, Rural Finance.
• Banking Services: SME Finance, Sustainable Energy Finance, Insurance, Agrifinance, Leasing, Trade Finance, Gender, Risk Management and Corporate Governance.
• Financial Infrastructure: Credit Reporting, Collateral Registries and Secured Transactions, Securities Markets
These services are delivered through regional Advisory Services teams, with support from global product specialists, and in partnership with its Investment Services （IS） teams.
Operations Analysts support project teams in the preparation, administration and supervision of client projects, working in close collaboration with Project Leads and Senior Specialists managing client relationships. Operations Analysts work as part of a pool supporting the FIG Advisory with specific responsibilities for key admin functions at the business line level （finance, budgeting, IDGs, communications, knowledge management etc.）, but with responsibilities on projects for implementation teams to encourage focus and professional development. The Operations Analyst will report to a designated staff member relevant to their primary function.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
I. Business Development Support
• Perform desk research with respect to the Market landscape across the SSA region. The analysis would be required to take into account various in－country data sources in order to have granular country level understanding of issues and advisory opportunities.
• Keep abreast of the market intelligence and developments globally, conducting desk research and preparing initial reports with findings, graphs, etc.
• Develop financial modeling and budget analysis for projects and business line, as relevant.
• Participate in key projects and take a lead on project/client analytics and report generation.
• Participate in diagnostic missions, carry out quality review of the diagnostic reports of banks’ work streams, and help refine output quality. Help add market context and detailed analysis in the presentations and reports
• Support project teams to organize, manage scoping and appraisal missions, prepare meeting minutes, support appraisal mission follow－up as needed and financial planning for missions.
• Based on appraisal mission findings, support development of proposals for clients （including budget, develop pricing tool and costing research）.
• Assist in processing internal documentation for project approval;
o Conduct IDD on clients,
o Schedule CRMs and IPMs,
o Calculate and report on IDGs,
o Contribute to the drafting of concept notes and implementation plans.
o Prepare request for funds memo and legal agreements.
o Assist in procurement of appropriate experts for advisory assignments and develop TOR in coordination with project leader and middle office.
II. Portfolio Management Support:
a. Project Support
• Assist in the preparation of project supervision and completion reports, particularly tracking of key performance indicators against targets established at the outset of the project;
• Monitor project timelines to ensure objectives updates are completed within the allowable timeframe;
• Ensure adequate data quality in all project documents and provide supplementary data gathering support for evaluations;
• Assisting in planning the contents and context of conferences and other knowledge management events, including training and workshops.
• Collaborate with project team and senior consultants to carry out specific tasks including desk reviews, data analysis, financial projections, preparation of notes, taking minutes of meetings, writing memoranda, preparation of briefs and presentations.
• Work in partnership with PLs and the donor relations team to prepare initial drafts of semi－annual donor reports, based on project supervision documents.
b. Finance and Budgeting
• Monitor and update project budgets in ASOP regularly to ensure that financial reporting is accurate, timely and aligned with SAP/PTMRS reports produced by the finance team;
• Manage interface with finance team on timely collection of client fees in line with legal agreements and submission of consultant invoices to ensure accurate financial reporting within a quarterly period;
• Manage allocation of consultant and other project costs;
• Monitor charging of staff time to ensure accurate cost allocation against available budget;
• Work with the Practice Group Lead （PGL） to monitor and update budgets and spend at both the project and aggregate levels and contribute to the financial projections reports submitted to the Program Manager and PGL on a quarterly basis;
• Track Trust Fund spend and availability on a monthly basis. Alert program manager or PGL when funds are running low and support process of topping up trust funds;
• Liaise with donor team and FIG Advisory Middle Office team on establishing new trust funds and WBS elements to ensure optimal TF structure.
III Practice Group Support
• Assist practice group lead in strategy building, coordination and implementation of projects
• Work closely with project managers and analysts on selected projects and provide analytical and technical support.
• Support Project Leaders in achieving a high degree of standardization in the client deliverables （pitch, proposals, workshops, product programs, strategy documents etc.） and enhancing the quality in terms of contents and analytics.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 3－5 years of relevant experience in the region, preferably working in a research or analyst role with similar donor agencies/development finance institutions. Graduate degree desirable.
• Experience working on similar areas （private sector and financial institutions） as well as on market research, surveys, data analysis, etc.;
• Team player with good problem solving and analytical skills, with an ability to execute the tasks timely and effectively.
• Organizational and communications skills, including the ability to represent its work credibly at the senior executive levels.
• Advanced user level proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word is a must; report writing capabilities and ability to comprehend and analyze large amounts of data/information and translate into ideas and actionable plans is required
• Strong command over English （written and verbal） is a must. Knowledge of French will be an advantage.
• Competency in its platforms, procedures and key documents necessary to carry out tasks: ASOP, IBIS, eConsult2, Cognos, SAP, IDG Methodology, E－Trust Fund, Procurement guidelines, grant agreement template, cooperation agreement template, etc
• Proficiency in relevant research tools e.g. Factiva, IBM, MIX, Bloomberg, EIU, advanced google search, WBG databases）.
• English （required）, French （preferred）
|アピールポイント||自社サービス・製品あり 外資系企業 女性管理職実績あり 従業員数1000人以上 創立30年以上 年間休日120日以上 産休・育休取得実績あり 教育・研修制度充実 資格支援制度充実 社内公用語が英語|