CV in English is required to apply the position.
We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested ＄22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
It is seeking Investment Officers responsible for sourcing and executing transactions and actively manage portfolio projects in any of the following industry areas: Financial Institutions; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; and Telecommunications and Venture Capital.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Analyze operational and financial performance as well as credit and integrity risks of potential clients and projects. Present recommendations to the business development team on whether to pursue a straightforward deal and alternatives for structuring it.
• Collaborate in developing client strategies and engagement plans and pitchbooks for various sectors and countries, including IDA and FCS countries, and conduct sector analysis to be used as input to sector strategies.
• Collect financial and operational information from clients, research pricing information, research policies, and procedures.
• Build complex financial models, perform due diligence and financial analysis, and/or provide quality control over financial analysis and projections developed by an analyst to evaluate benefits and risks of straightforward transactions.
• Ensure adequate and systematic capture of project, sector, and country benchmarking information to capture lessons learned and support decision making in future transactions.
• Assess and articulate development impact and its role and additionality in straightforward transactions. Engage with its economics team to begin developing AIMM story, including any market creation impact.
• Prepare content to convey persuasive and convincing ideas following investment banking quality standards, financial models reflecting different transaction structures, and valuation of companies.
• Draft memos and concept notes for repeat business. Independently handle waivers, amendments, and ESAM for straightforward portfolio projects （in coordination with relevant departments） under the general supervision of senior investment officer.
• Follow up with mid－ and senior－level clients to resolve problems on straightforward projects.
• Engage with mid－level clients of straightforward projects to understand their business directions and challenges that may lead to new opportunities, and support design of client engagement plans, as applicable.
• Establish and maintain relationships with mid－level clients and other stakeholders （government, development partners, WBG） to explore straightforward business opportunities.
• Perform credit and risk assessments, financial projections, covenant compliance reviews （debt）, and monitor changes to risk flags for determining performance assigned to a portfolio, with limited supervision.
• Perform assessment of project development impact and articulate realization of AIMM story and market creation impact, if any.
• Prepare investment committee or advisory committee materials for straightforward transactions, ensuring adequate applicability of its policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders （legal, ES＆G, economists, and sector specialists） to identify ways to strengthen development impact and financial sustainability of projects.
• Hold accountability for the preparation and quality of investment or PPP advisory committee materials focusing on financial and nonfinancial risks assessments and deal structuring for straightforward transactions.
• Prepare quarterly portfolio reports that include analysis of trends over time, key issues, and areas of potential concern.
• Prepare brief documents summarizing post mortem insights from portfolio reviews and reporting to identify improvement opportunities and best practices.
• Supervise and ensure quality of portfolio reporting information prepared by junior staff, providing broader industry, subsector, and country perspective into project risks and issues.
• Lead efforts to synthesize information from past transactions and extract lessons learned within a targeted area. Identify topics warranting broader and more in－depth analysis.
• Responsible for doing rating reviews of loan loss reserve on a quarterly basis for the overall assigned portfolio. Run models for equity valuations to determine the need to modify exit strategy.
• Structure straightforward transactions to add value to clients and mitigate risks, taking into consideration lessons learned from earlier transactions and portfolio management.
• Lead straightforward investment or advisory transactions Incorporating lessons learned from its earlier investments and portfolio management or advisory mandates. Ensure timely processing, thorough due diligence, and client satisfaction.
• Master's degree in a related field and at least 4–8 years of relevant experience. Related fields of education include business, finance, or economics or an area of expertise specific to a sector, subject matter, or industry specialty. Relevant experience could include a proven track record in business consulting or investment banking, or operational experience in the sector or technical or professional field.
• Understanding of sector drivers, business and market development cycles, and how business performance and long－term competitiveness and viability are measured within a sector and how sector dynamics may evolve within a country or region.
• Proven analytical, financial analysis, equity valuation, and financial modeling skills to analyze and form conclusions on company financial information or projects and industry indicators. Able to oversee and provide quality control feedback on financial models prepared by analysts.
• Fully understands the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
• Begin to build transaction experience by working on straightforward investment or advisory transactions with a diverse range of clients and across multiple sectors and subsectors and in more than one industry and subsector.
|アピールポイント||自社サービス・製品あり 外資系企業 女性管理職実績あり 従業員数1000人以上 創立30年以上 年間休日120日以上 産休・育休取得実績あり 教育・研修制度充実 資格支援制度充実 社内公用語が英語|