JOB TITLE: Compliance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Legal Department
REPORTING TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR, LEGAL ＆ COMPLIANCE, JAPAN
Main Mission of Job
“Careers that Change Lives”
This position is located in the Shinagawa office of our company Japan. This position will be a part of the Japan legal team, and report to Compliance Manager. Work covers variety of matters including contracts and compliance management. The position is expected to partner closely with the Japan Business, support functions and the Company’s Corporate and APAC Legal Departments to achieve the business objectives.
“A Day in the Life
1. Compliance Related Work
• Drive the company wide efforts to mitigate compliance risks through development and implementation of compliance policies. Work includes compliance risk management, pre－approval for events relating to health care professionals, monitoring, compliance tool development and material review for product promotion.
• Plan and conduct employee compliance and legal trainings. Training subjects will include industry rules, internal compliance rules （our company Code of Conduct and Business Conduct Standards etc.）, antitrust, FCPA, privacy and promotion codes.
• Ensure the compliance by each employee with, among others, our company Code of Conduct, the Business Conduct Standards and other internal and industry rules.
2. Legal Work
• Act as a partner of the selected Business Units and provide legal counseling to achieve their business objectives. Work includes review of contract with customers/business partners and patient/customer claim handling.
• Identify and address legal or regulatory issues.
【必須（MUST）】Must Haves （Minimum Requirements）
1. Knowledge, skills ＆ abilities:
・Minimum 3 years of compliance/legal experience is required
・Experience in working for US or other multinational company abroad preferred
・Strong ability to develop collaborative relations with the team and clients
・Strong ability to work independently
・Strong ability to lead and manage cross functional projects
・Strategic thinking and strong ability to balance legal and business objectives
・Fluency in English
2. Educational level:
・Domestic or foreign law degree preferred
・Bachelor’s degree is required