|部署・役職名||Operational Excellence Manager【試薬・診断薬】|
The position of Operational Excellence （OpEx） Manager is within our IDEM Business
Unit located at our Chiba Plant, in Japan. This position is responsible for establishing
and executing the Operational Excellence strategy, providing leadership in collaboration
with the broader operations organization. This individual will have a significant impact
on both plant and operations budget and cost reduction goals. This individual will
identify and present new opportunities to increase the creation of value in the plant,
promoting and coordinating the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
that could increase the efficiency of the processes, improve the cycle time, and reduce
losses. This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by
• Responsible for program definition and execution; developing the strategy and vision of the Operational Excellence program over the next 3－5 years, in collaboration with the broader Operations organization.
• Translating strategies into program/project plans; including scope management, stakeholder management, deliverables （KPIs）, schedule, budget management, risk management and resource requirements. Conducts training where appropriate for lean, six sigma and OpEx
• Use Basic and Advanced Lean Management tools, in order to eliminate waste and improve the flow from current processes, leading to improvements in safety, quality, cost and
• Oversees the development of the strategic goals for the plant and continuous
• Work with all areas of the Plant to implement ideas and suggestions that lead to better
equipment operation, improve facilities or reduce costs.
• Continuous evaluation of performance levels to identify causes and effects in the process
that allow developing action plans for continuous improvement according to the OpEx
• Manage the plant’s cost reduction program and prepare monthly progress reports.
Collaborate in the preparation of financial projects and improvement of operation and
• Developing/managing program governance model and communication plan （verbal or
written）, both internally and externally, for effective project management and
coordination for Operational Excellence.
• Management of large, complex projects and teams, using lean / six sigma tools and
methodologies, delivering success in a short timeframe with high expectations.
• Lead projects, identify opportunities, define and financially justify projects, launch project teams, use good project management to manage team activities, lead teams to execute projects with the problem－ solving methodology, track project and program status and
results, remove and elevate project barriers, and develop team members.
【必須（MUST）】BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
• A Bachelor’s Degree （or higher） which should include supply chain, engineering, science, IT or business disciplines.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience across the areas of manufacturing operations, manufacturing support systems, quality operations, project management, or continuous improvement functions.
• This experience should be in a leadership or multi－functional role in medical diagnostic, medical device, pharmaceutical or consumer product, or similar environment. Experience in medical diagnostic preferred
• Formal OpEx training e.g. Shingo, Class A, Lean, Six Sigma with demonstrated application
• Six Sigma certification, black belt preferred
• Consulting and/or project management experience with formal 3＋ day lean or six sigma
training and 12＋ successful projects with documented successes
• 5＋ years of experience in Managing a diverse range of Projects in a complex work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. fluent Japanese and English
reading, writing and speaking ability.
• Operations management experience
• Be familiar with the relevant regulations for the production of medical devices.
• Formal Project Management training and certification
• Experience in Science/Tech related environments
• Experience in rapid diagnostics industry
• Strong communication skills – Japanese and English in written and verbal; briefing, presentation, education/training skills.
• Exceptional project management skills, with proven ability to clearly define objectives and priorities, establish milestones, anticipate and mitigate risks, lead cross－functional teams to meet and exceed goals in a dynamic environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall.
• Ability to create ＆ manage a vision, think strategically, plan and organize, innovate, analyse complex data and situations, and exercise sound judgment. Ability to influence without authority, motivate, lead, coach, and develop employees, and collaborate with functional leaders and teams.
• Experience managing with ambiguity; demonstrated ability to take ownership of problems, exercise sound judgment and independently determine appropriate course of action where precedent may not exist.
• Self－starter demonstrating flexibility and ability to provide leadership under pressure whilst dealing with ambiguity in a fast－changing environment.
• Fosters a culture of Operational Excellence/continuous improvement throughout the organization.