We are looking for a data scientist with expertise in crafting, developing and fielding data solutions. You will be someone who stays at the cutting edge of data science and use your knowledge to drive company’s transformation into a data savvy enterprise. You will be part of the team to build projects and develop solutions that deliver insights that help grow our business.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to help shape the direction of data science from the beginning and drive its development into a mature operation, adding real value to the business.
This role requires guidance in data analytics strategy and work effectively in a cross functional team environment and projects. You will be expected to liaise with stakeholders around the business to improve execution of current projects in SFE, multi－channel/digital analysis and sales forecasting as well as negotiate novel analytic initiatives, serving unmet business needs and accelerating innovation. You will also be working with supporting technology teams to improve data mining processes of internal and external data sources.
We value diversity and celebrate the uniqueness of our employees, and you will have the opportunity to work with local as well as global teams to achieve company’s goal of helping people live full and healthy lives.
The ideal candidate will have an open and global mindset, a passion for healthcare, a general understanding of data warehousing, system architecture as well as change management abilities and communication skills, in addition to in－depth knowledge of machine learning techniques and existing data mining algorithms.
This position will be based in our office in Tokyo, Japan.
【必須（MUST）】• 2＋ years of experience in a business－related data science and/or advance analytics role
• 2－3 years of experience or M.S Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning ＆ Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline.
• PHD or BSc in a STEM subject with equivalent knowledge is a plus
• Strong working knowledge of machine learning techniques, such as regression, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, neural networks and Bayesian models, as well as skills in text mining and data visualization.
• Clear understanding of data analysis workflows and statistical methods such as hypothesis testing and probability modeling.
• Expertise in one or more programming languages, such as R, Python or SAS.
• Knowledge of relational database architecture and data management with expertise in SQL.
• Experience in delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining in a business context.
• Fluency in Japanese
• Knowledge with healthcare relevant data sets
• Experience in business intelligence and company－wide reporting
• Knowledge or experience working in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
• Familiarity with one or more high－level programming languages, such as C＋＋, C＃ or Java.
• Change management skill
• Basic knowledge of marketing
• Fluency in English
• Business English TOEIC: 700 and above
Ph.D. with at least 2－3 years of experience or M.S with at least 3 years of experience, in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning ＆ Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline. Alternatively, a BSc in a STEM subject with equivalent knowledge and 7＋ years of experience in a business－related data science role will also be considered.