• The Product Consultant will be responsible for understanding both the business－based as well as system－based needs of the client, and assist in system implementation. Further, lead projects to success and periodic implementation （sales） via technical consulting with the client.
• In particular, the first project is vitally important and the goal is to ensure client satisfaction in not only the product, but in addition to the process and the results of the implementation.
• The work related to system development is almost always a strategic business initiative for the client, and thus understanding the business needs of the client is extremely important; Based on past tendencies, clients will frequently consider system implementation from near－sighted perspective; but the Product Consultant will additionally be responsible for collaborating with the Account Manager （Sales） to adjust the client’s viewpoint and propose the type of system implementation that has significant impact for the long－term; These factors are the basis of ultimate effects of the system implementation as well as the satisfaction level of the client.
• To this end, the Product Consultant will conduct presentations as well as demonstrations in order to convince the client of value proposition.
• Next, product is implemented in systems that require high－end performance; As system the product has high performance, high functionality, and high quality the architecture is not complicated; However, if the surrounding system architecture is not optimized, the overall performance cannot be realized.
• Therefore, based on a high－level knowledge of IT systems the Product Consultant must support the design and implementation of system architecture for large－scale data handling （updating, managing, analyzing）, complex data handling, and / or high－speed transactions.
• The Product Consultant will utilize wide－based knowledge from upstream design, characteristics of products such as RDBMS, Operating Systems, in addition to characteristics of hardware such as CPU’s, networking, and discs; of course co－workers will collaborate with the Product Consultant, support from the Headquarters can be received, and necessary knowledge from the internal information database can be acquired as necessary.
• In addition, because clients are limited to large－scale companies, most tend to follow a tedious water－fall style of system development; the Product Consult is expected to lead the client to an efficient development ＆ testing process （implementation of development assistance tools, substantive adjustments to the process, etc.） based on product.
• The Product Consultant will lead the client project to success not only through the development efficiency that the product makes possible, but also through the increased efficiency based on the improvement of development process itself; To this end, not only development experience but the ability to lead a team and / or provide support in a secondary role is also required.
• As such, the tasks required by a Product Consultant cover a broad range and are not easily accomplished on one’s own; the Product Consultant must be in active contact with other fellow Product Consultants, Product Developers, and Support Managers in both the Headquarters as well as other worldwide offices.
• Product Consultants will utilize their English ability to make such inquiries, and obtain the latest knowledge on pertinent issues.
• Additionally, when an issue such as problems utilizing the product arises, the Product Consultant will connect the client to the Headquarters and support resolution of the problem.
• On client projects, there are cases where a number of Product Consultants work together until the implementation process has finished, and there are cases where the person will work alone; furthermore, there are cases where the Product Consultant will be on－site at the client’s office for a fixed period of time, but these cases are not so common.
• Not only is internal communication important, but communication skills are also important to not only in order to receive sufficient support from those working in tandem with the Product Consultant, but also to provide support to others once a sufficient knowledge－base has been acquired.
【歓迎（WANT）】Required Skills and Knowledge （Must Have）
• Both knowledge and experience in system and software development
• Programming ability （both design and implementation; the specific language is not important）
• Experience of not only managing a project at a System Integrator, but of the development process as well
• Having acquired a deep knowledge of computers through the study of subjects such as Computer Science and Information Engineering
• Business level English （however, if Must demonstrate leadership abilities in the following domains: Application Architecture, the Product Consultant Candidate’s technical ability is high, there is less of an emphasis on English ability）
• Ability and desire to acquire new knowledge
• Ability to manage oneself and work independently
• Able to attend training at the U.S. Headquarters （approximately 3 months; all expenses paid by the company）
Required Skills and Knowledge （Nice To Have）
• Experience in the business of industries where has a broad client－base such as Finance （Banks, Securities, Insurance）, Major Telecommunications Carriers, Large－scale Manufacturing companies, and Major Distribution Companies.
• Deep knowledge of computer science and computer architecture
• Deep knowledge of package software such as RDBMS, Operating Systems and Networks, and / or of a specific programming language
• Experience in designing a large－scale system; experience in managing a project （small－scale project is OK）
• Experience at a product vendor who is also well－versed in product development and product implementation
• High－level of presentation and communication skills
• Team management skills （this does not refer to project management tasks such as just managing work hours via Excel）
• High－level English skills, such as someone who has experience to study abroad
• There are cases where Product Consultants are required to actually make sample development at the client site and so system development experience is a must; people whose recent experience consists of only project management do not qualify. In addition, people who have limited experience in development such as that taken in a Java class are under－qualified.
• As listed above, has many requirements for the Product Consultant role; however is rare in the world of foreign－－based IT companies in the sense that the company is very kind to its employees and also helps them to further develop their skills.