This role will be responsible for oversight of all HR－related administrative and operational processes for the approximately 300 employees that work at this international organisation. Areas of responsibility span employee relations, recruitment support, compensation/benefits administration, labor law, visa requirements, policy and documentation management. This role is strategic in promoting a positive work culture, recognizing the uniqueness of the various employee constituent groups for an inclusive work environment in alignment with the organisation's mission. This position reports into the CFO/COO, in partnership with the Staff Council and the leadership team.
● Support the recruitment process and lead the onboarding/offboarding efforts of foreign staff members and their families in ensuring a smooth transition to their life in/out of Tokyo.
● Educate, guide, coach the leaders, faculty and staff on local practices around taxes and other labor related regulations.
● Maintain open communication with all employees; serve on, and work closely with the members of the Staff Council for insight into the needs and concerns of the faculty/staff in reviewing and assessing the policy in practice.
● Oversight of salary and benefits including payroll management; facilitate benefit administration with outside insurance companies and vendors as necessary.
● Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to gather unrefined needs/requirements from multiple sources to formulate and deliver a policy driven solution.
● Be a model of professional standards.
Qualifications and Experience
● University degree – BA or BS required. MA or MS preferred.
● License ＆ Certification – Related certification such as Sharoushi certification a plus.
● Work experience – At least 7 years of experience in HR, preferably in a leadership role.
● Language Requirement － Fluent English and Japanese required.
Personal and Professional Qualities
● Customer－focused – Determined to ensure that all decisions, programs, and initiatives are based in the best interests of customers. ● Reflective practitioner – Continually reflects on his or her own professional practice, modelling a willingness to accept accountability and the determination to develop, improve, and grow.
● Leader by example – Models compassion, humility, sensitivity, sincerity, determination, honesty, grit, and passion.
● Professional, diplomatic, and respectful – Able to build healthy relationships based on mutual trust and to resolve conflicts and build consensus through civil, professional discourse.
● Self－motivated and directed – Holds exceptionally high standards for him－ or herself, including a willingness to seek constructive criticism and adjust his or her ways of working.
● Highly collaborative – Committed to developing highly collaborative, high－functioning teams and to sharing decision－making and distributing authority, when appropriate.
● Results－oriented – Follows through and completes assigned tasks at exceptionally high levels, often inventing novel solutions to challenging problems.
● Risk－taker – Models, inspires, and encourages risk－taking, when appropriate.
● Outstanding communication skills – Excels in communications with all stakeholders, verbally and in writing.
● Listens actively – Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, including the abilities to actively listen and skillfully facilitate productive, focused discussions.
● Culturally sensitive – Committed to respecting and celebrating Japanese culture, while simultaneously working to honor diversity, including the characteristics that make the organisation unique.
● Integrity and excellence – Engages in work with integrity and a determination to achieve excellence.
【必須（MUST）】Fluent English and Japanese skills.