|部署・役職名||Head of Content, Japan|
We are looking for someone who is as passionate as we are about growing Content to be the best digital content service in Japan, with proven experience in thought leadership, detailed execution, driving results through C－level relationships and people development to lead and grow the Content Vendor Management team in Japan. Based in Tokyo, this leader will develop the Content publisher strategy for Japan and will have these key responsibilities: 1） leading the plan for acquiring content in order for us to achieve our mission to have every book ever written available to download in less than 60 seconds, 2） driving the plan to enable us to profitably sell and promote that content to customers, 3） setting up the business and building a team that is able to scale to deliver what we will need in the years to come.
As a senior leader in the business, and as the owner of the industry relationships, this individual will also be expected to play a key role in influencing and defining the overall long－term strategy for the JP Content business, as well as inputting to the global Content Acquisition organization and will need to work across multiple businesses both globally and in Japan in order to achieve objectives. The role is based in Tokyo, Japan and will report to the General Manager of Content also based in Tokyo.
1. Develop and implement Content Publisher Strategy in Japan to grow selection and agree sustainable terms.
2. Work with the technology teams in the US to define and deliver features that are important for the Japan marketplace to realize the optimal experience for Japanese publishers.
3. Understand competitive offerings in Japan and ensure that we understand how our potential and current customers respond to competitive offers.
4. Monitor and address all critical inputs – including but not limited to selection, profitability, reporting and analytics, customer and publisher experience.
5. Develop and nurture relationships with content creators including publishers and authors.
6. Develop individual and team performance standards.
7. Hire exceptional talent and build a high performing team that will scale with the business in Japan.
8. Build processes to monitor and manage the full range of VM functions in Japan.
10. This leader will be expected to hit the ground running, to grow profitability and publisher content sales year on year and to drive innovation that is critical for success in the Japan marketplace.
· University degree or equivalent
· Fluency in Japanese and written or spoken English
· 10＋ Years of business management experience
· Proven experience in leadership roles across relevant functions, such as product management, digital or retail category management, negotiation, marketing, and customer engagement.
· Proven ability to analyze market opportunities, engage and negotiate with strategic customers and define new areas of innovation.
· Demonstrated ability to influence others.
· Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve highly ambiguous problems.
· Successful experience in hiring, developing leaders and managing large multi－level teams
· Strong communication skills （written and verbal）.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think and react in a high energy, fast paced environment.
· Proven track record of success in roles of increasing responsibility.
· P＆L responsibility, strong business acumen, and a proven track record of growing top－line and bottom－line.
· Proven strategic thinker with the ability to stay on top of tactical execution and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
Preferred Experience include:
· Experience with vendor and customer negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and/or product development.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs.
· Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high－energy, fast－paced environment. High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills with proven success influencing senior leaders, earning trust up, down, and across the company.
· MBA preferred with 9＋ years of professional experience